Monday, February 28, 2011

Gullible is Written in the Sky

So I got made fun of today for thinking that sea turtles live for about 200 years.  I guess Finding Nemo isn't exactly accurate with all their facts in the movie? In my defense, land turtles can live up to 188 years but that is the oldest ever recorded...apparantly, sea turtles live for 80 years.  In Finding Nemo, the sea turtle Crush states that he is "150 years old and still young".  The whole East Australian Current scene with the turtles is definitely my favorite part of that movie.  When doing research on IMBd I noticed there were a lot of inaccurate facts that the directors had in that movie.

I think its a shame that directors feel the need to change facts in order to sell a movie rather than having an accurate educational message.  So many kids and even young adults have seen this movie and this may seem like an insignificant example but I think it is a common theme in movies today.  What happened to having a mix between fun and educational movies?


Check it out: Crush the Turtle Scene from Finding Nemo

No comments:

Post a Comment