Monday, April 25, 2011

Insignificant Greetings

It's become a common courtesy every time you see someone you know to smile and say:

"Hi, how are you?"
"Good, you?"
"Good"


It doesn't matter if you are having the worst day of your life your answer generally tends to either be good or great.  I have found that when I am having a terrible day and when people ask "how are you" and I give them a honest answer they really don't care and then the passing by just becomes awkward.  I think it's sad that in today's society everyone is so busy and caught up in so many activities that something so simple as a greeting between two people has lost its value. After this school work week of hell aka zombie central, I'm going to try and take the extra time to be more sincere when greeting friends.  Hey, what do I have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment