Sunday, April 24, 2011

Love and Marriage 101

    This past weekend my family and I visited my eldest sister in St. Louis for her wedding shower J!!! Yes, we are a little excited…one almost down and two sisters left to marry off.  The first night we had dinner with the in laws, which was the first time everyone was together and for most of us the first initial meeting of the in laws.  The night started off great and everyone surprising got along really well.  Both mothers liked to chat, especially about cats, and both fathers talked about sports.  Halfway through the meal the question of how both couples had stayed in a successful marriage for so long (Roughly over 30 years) was asked and here were their answers:

*Dad’s answer- In marriage, just like life, you will have high points and low points but the thing to keep in mind is the low points are insignificant and you have to let them just go past you.

*Mom’s answer- My husband’s humor and our longtime friendship.

*Father in Law’s answer- My wife has always taken care our family, especially our son. 

*Mother in Law’s answer- Mr. Nichols loves me and I hear about how much he loves me all the time.

My parents and soon be newlyweds


*Later my dad, who everyone finds quite the charmer and a very honest man, made a statement about introductory conversations and how to approach people.  He said “when first talking to someone find out what their passions are in life and what they like to do and not only will you not have an awkward moment but the people will generally take a strong liking to you because they feel like you are interested in them”.  I will definitely take that more into consideration during rush week because even though I am considered a talker there are always awkward moments during that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment