Monday, March 7, 2011

True Life: I'm obsessed with GAGA



<"There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are" 

       She said, "'Cause He made you perfect, babe" 


       "So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far, 

       Listen to me when I say" 

I'm beautiful in my way, 

'Cause God makes no mistakes 

I'm on the right track, baby 

I was born this way 

Don't hide yourself in regret, 

Just love yourself and you're set 

I'm on the right track, baby 

I was born this way >


In simplest terms Lady Gaga is my hero and inspiration.  Her lyrics are so pure and so right on target when it comes to life I can't help but want to soak them up in my soul.  Her newest song "Born This Way" gave me the incentive and courage to get through a dance audition recently with confidence by knowing who I was and what I stand for.  Sure she comes to events covered in meat and everyone is always waiting for her newest crazy controversy, but at the end of the day Gaga knows who she is and doesn't care what anyone else has to say about it.  She creates her persona each time she performs and puts so much time and energy into creating this whole new world that no one has touched yet.  She is  so ahead of our time that no one can even come close to being on her spiritual level and people who try and copy her style just look stupid.  One of the most powerful speeches she has ever given that I will never forget is the fact that in todays society, especially in the celebrity spotlight, people are counting on you to fail; the public loves to watch someone reach their peak in fame and then come crashing down with a huge scandal.  Gaga has recognized this pattern and thinks that is the main thing that sets her apart from the rest; she doesn't let judgement cloud her creativity and she is involved in the music industry for the passion and love of her work and not for all those superficial aspects. The first music video I saw of Gaga in "Just Dance" I was speechless, I didn't have anything negative or positive to say I was just in shock and blown away.  She has the power to entertain and educate an audience while leaving them with a feeling of hope.  Watch any interview that she has ever done (I recommend Oprahs) and you will be blown away by her intelligence.  She has a way of speaking about important cultural issues in a very educated and eloquent manner. It would be a dream come true to ever get a chance to sit down and talk with her about anything because she is truly revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment