Tuesday, March 8, 2011

RANGO

Johnny Depp has done it again in this PG rated children's movie titled Rango.  This chameleon travels on a journey and ends up in a western town called Dirt.  His love for acting lands him the status of a hero in the town and he is made the Sheriff.  The main theme of the movie is water, more specifically the lack of it in this dry dessert.  Rango's job is simple, to bring hope to the people in the community...little does he know that he has some big pants to fill.  The IMBD critics gave this movie a 7.9/10 and I completely disagree.  My family and I are huge movie buffs and although my mom had to drag me to this movie once it began I fell in love.  The movie is definitely geared toward children but there is some crude adult humor in it for all ages to enjoy.  Also there are social and cultural symbols seen throughout.  I would give the movie a 10 and highly recommend people to go see it :)!  I think what made such an impact on me was the fact that they put so much emphasis on significance of water and how it is the sole reason for life on the earth.  Without water we can't survive and people today, myself included, take it for granted.  Rather than a bank filled with money, in the town of Dirt the bank is filled with water and water is the most valuable commodity. So kids, drink more responsibly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment